Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today's Holiday: Father's Day

The third Sunday in June is set aside as the day to honor fathers everywhere. Some people purchase gifts, others go out to eat, and still others have family traditions for this special day. We celebrate by spending time with extended family. For as long as I have been alive my mom's entire family has gathered at my grandparents' house for a cookout. That means my dad gets to celebrate with his in-laws every year. (Don't feel too badly for him. I think he probably golfs before we head over.)

Remember how I mentioned last month that I stink at giving gifts? My lucky dad didn't get a gift for Father's Day. I couldn't think of anything to get him after I bought his birthday present earlier this month.

How do you celebrate Father's Day? What traditions do you have or would you like to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment