Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today's Holidays: Mother's Day & Clean Up Your Room Day

Hopefully, you were already aware of Mother's Day. But my guess is you did not know today is Clean Up Your Room Day. I think it's quite ironic that this year Mother's Day and Clean Up Your Room Day fall on the same date. (Mother's Day is always the second Sunday in May and CUYR Day is always May 10th.)

Many people celebrate Mother's Day by purchasing thoughtful gifts to express their appreciation for their mothers. Some people make a special dinner or take their moms out for a special meal. I, however, have a serious problem. Gift giving is not one of my love languages. Actually, it's more like a foreign language to me, so if you can think of something better than a greenhouse gift card for my mom, please give me a call this morning before noon. My mom deserves something special. Afterall, she has put up with me for the last 27 years.

How are you celebrating Mother's Day this year? Will you be participating in Clean Up Your Room Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment