Wednesday, May 6, 2009

An Open Letter to Block 7 & Translation

Open Letter:

Dear Students of Reading in Block 7,

Over the course of the past 10 months, I have made a point of getting to know each of you as readers, but also as individual people. In fact, I have come to love each of you dearly. Although the first 9 months of the school year have been quite productive and satisfying, the past month has caused me to reconsider my current occupation as I have become increasingly dissatisfied with the working conditions you provide. While your academic progress was initially very promising, it has recently been compromised by your inappropriate and unacceptable classroom behavior. This makes is increasingly difficult for me to provide quality educational experiences.

It is with great regret that inform you that I am no longer able to serve as your classroom teacher. Therefore, I am resigning as your reading teacher effective immediately. I regret the inconvenience this will cause, as you still have six more class periods scheduled before the end of the year. Unfortunately circumstances have left me no choice but to resign. If problems arise, you may contact the principal in the main office. He is aware that my sanity has been threatened, and is willing to help in whatever means he can.

Sincerely,
Miss S
_________________________________________________________________________

Translation:

Block 7,

I quit. I cannot deal with your rudeness or inappropriate questions for one more day. I informed the principal about your antics today, and he said he would deal with you.

Your ex-nicest teacher,
Miss S

PS. For the record, I am neither pregnant nor coming out of the closet. But thanks for asking.

1 comment: