Monday, June 22, 2009

Counting My Blessings: Legacy of Commitment

This year both of my grandparents are celebrating 50 years of marriage. They've been together for a looooonnnnggg time. I haven't ever asked them, but I imagine there were times over the years they felt like throwing the towel in. Marriage isn't easy, but they stuck with it. The commitment they have to their spouses is an incredible example for their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I hope some day I can follow in their footsteps.

Both of these pictures are a few years old, but I don't have either of their 50th wedding anniversary pictures at my house to scan. I'll have to update the pictures when I get my hands on the official pics.The top picture is of my paternal grandparents, Jim and Barb Smith. It was taken the Christmas before they moved to Missouri. The bottom picture is of my mom's parents, Don and Phyllis Myers. It was taken on Father's Day in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment