Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Family

I spent a long weekend in Missouri celebrating the 50th anniversary of my paternal grandparents. Both of my dad's brothers and their wives were there. Unfortunately only four of the seven grandchildren could be there, but I, selfishly, kind of liked it that way. I got to be the favorite older cousin of the weekend since I was the only older one there. My dad's family doesn't get together often (to be honest, we aren't that close), so it was a blessing for me to spend so much time with relatives I rarely see. I especially liked having my younger cousins all to myself. They are absolutely hilarious, a wee bit exasperating, and incredibly fun. Here is a picture of my grandparents and their offspring who were there. My brother and cousins Hillary and JJ, along with Hillary's husband Jake, weren't able to make it, so they are missing from our family photo.

**If you click on the picture, it will enlarge and you can see that my mom and I are looking at Ben. He inconspicuously found a way to accessorize during our photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment