Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today's Holiday: Hug a Friend Day


Although you may not have known about it when you woke up, I think all of you should be able to celebrate this "holiday".  (As a side note, I know it's proper American grammar to put the period on the inside of the quotation mark, but I think the British grammar rules for quotations marks are better. You'll just have to deal with it.) Celebrate today by hugging a friend--or multiple friends! Let me know if you are participating in a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I think the period only goes inside the quotation marks if a complete sentence is in the quotation. For just one word in quotes, the proper way should be just as you did it.

    I hugged a friend today... not even knowing I was supposed to. I guess I am a few days late, but I still did it!

    ReplyDelete