Friday, April 17, 2009

Sweet Library

I normally go to the library that is closest to my house. It happens to be the main library for my town, and I'm normally not disappointed by the selection they offer. However, my county has this awesome system of libraries that actually cooperate, so if I want to check out something at another library I can. (That did NOT happen where I grew up, so it's still a novelty to me.) Tonight I had to go to the main library in the connecting city. It was AH-MAY-ZING! Whereas my default library has some crotchety older ladies that I think should retire or stick to shelving books, the librarians at Library Awesome were all really friendly. They far exceeded my expectations.  It was a pleasant surprise.

And the selection! The selection was ten times what I'm used to. I could have spent hours in just the young adult section and then several more hours in the magazines and then several more hours in the media area and still not get to the adult fiction area!

Check out was a breeze. Instead of dealing with a crotchety lady, I got to check myself out. I scanned my card and then all I had to do was put the book on the counter. The computer somehow knew which book it was without it being scanned. IT WAS AWESOME!! The best part? I found out if I check out items from Library Awesome, I can return them to my default library.

Thank you Library Awesome for changing my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment