Sunday, January 8, 2012

So many things to say... about ministry

  1. School starts tomorrow. I'm not really sure of my schedule. I'm not finished planning for the week, and I'm supposed to help "translate" for some fluoride varnish treatments tomorrow before my English and computer classes. I'm feeling a little anxious, but I'm sure that everything will be fine. I know I have the older kids tomorrow, so they had me in class last year and can understand me.
  2. There's a really big team at the guest house this week, 28 people. Most of them are working in the clinic. A handful have been working on handyman projects. It's fun to work in the clinic when there is no school because I get to help more and don't have to pay attention to the time. Plus, I like working in close proximity to Arold all day in the dossier room. ;)
  3. Thursday night a man was severely burned on his face, chest, stomach, and back by a car radiator that blew up all over him. He came to the clinic yesterday. The team spent three hours cleaning his wounds and teaching him how to care for himself. He came back today and they worked on him after church (maybe during too). The medical leader of the team said he looks really good considering what happened. His face is even showing signs that the skin will have pigment after everything heals. He'll be back for care on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully he'll come back in two weeks so we can check on him when the next medical team is here.
  4. Church has been awesome lately. I don't know if I simply understand more Creole, so I get what's happening more or if I'm just more aware of the Holy Spirit. At any rate, it is sweet to be back with my Haitian church family again.
  5. Speaking of church, six young people stood up in the service today to say that they have decided "to walk with Christ." It was so exciting to see some of my students on the stage among those who declared their faith in Christ. I hope a baptism is in the near future!
  6. The Illini Life team that came last year to give the computer lab a makeover is coming back in March. They have some fantastic ideas for physics and chemistry in the high school. I can't wait to see what God does through this team of people! 
  7. I'm so thankful for the opportunity God has given me to serve here in Haiti. Please pray that I would follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit as I teach and live here.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which he prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment