Sunday, February 1, 2009

Story of My Life

Lately I have thought more about what I want than what I can do with what I have. I want a bigger house so I can have more people over. I want to share the love of Jesus with the students in my class. I want to get married and be a wife. I want my family and friends to know Jesus and his healing love. I want to lose weight. I want to open my home to troubled teenagers. I want to travel the world. I want a small group again. I want to be a mom more than most everything. I want so much.

Am I discontent because I am not living out God's will for my life? Or am I discontent because I covet what my neighbor has?

1 comment:

  1. OR...could it be that these are all wonderful desires that the Lord has placed on your heart because they are a part of his will, purpose, and plan for your life? could it be that it's hard to wait on the things we desire even when they're good things? maybe you're just struggling with patience and waiting on his timing for these things. maybe God is even moving you into a restless period because he is leading you in a new direction. maybe he is preparing you for the next step whether that be time overseas or a new ministry or whatever.
    I'm not saying i know or have an answer...just throwing that out there for consideration.

    ReplyDelete