Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hallelujah!

Two weeks ago one of my students was suspended for 10 days. In the education world that's a pretty good indication that the student will be expelled. I was so heartbroken over the news it ruined an entire weekend. His poor choices were hard to deal with, but the lost opportunity to minister to this young man was crushing.

This morning I checked my e-mail. There was a message from my principal telling my teaching team he would be back in classes today. I almost cried right there and then! So many times students leave and I don't have another opportunity to guide, mold, or love them. I am so thankful for this second chance. It makes acknowledging my lack of control a little easier.

When I think of the wonders of Jesus 
And all he's done for me, 
My heart cries out, "Hallelujah, 
Praise God for victory!" 

Hallelujah, Glory to ya. 
Hallelujah, He's worthy of our praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment