Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day at Laboule

Today Beth took me to Laboule to meet the orphans I'll be working with this year. I was a little nervous because I don't speak Creole and the kids don't know any English. It's not really in my comfort zone. However, the kids were really excited that I'm teaching them English. They were eager to learn and repeated everything I said... including "Listen" and "Oh my goodness!" Today we worked on a greeting dialog:
       Hello. How are you?
       I'm fine, thank you. How are you?
       I'm fine, thanks. My name is ______. What's your name?
       My name is ________.

And they learned the following vocabulary:
       What's this?
       This is a ______.
       book
       pen
       pencil
       table
       desk
       chair
       teacher
       student

No comments:

Post a Comment