Sunday, August 1, 2010

Counting My Blessings: An Overflowing Cup

I'm not sure I can handle much more of this.

It's like the heavens have opened up and the blessings are just raining down on me this week. Here are just some of them:

  • a sweet 24 hours with the Charles family, who I will be working with in Haiti; Willem and Beth were both  an encouragement, and their boys Stephen (14) and David (10) kept me entertained
  • the Mountain Top Ministries banquet where I met many friends of MTM and made new friends of my own
  • a major donation of furniture for my garage sale from the Shoemakers who are moving to Columbus
  • multiple new financial and prayer partners for Team Gramothe
  • time to chat with my mom
  • a long chat with my friend Christine who moved to Sweden three weeks ago
  • meeting some people who work with human trafficking survivors in China
And the end of these blessings is not in sight!

This week I'll go to North Carolina to visit my dear friend Christy and her family. On the way I'm stopping to see my best friend from high school, Didi, who lives in Lexington. When I return I will be able to enjoy a Sara Franklin hug, something I've missed quite a bit in the last year. And then there's the mini-reunion with my college roommate and our suitemates from Sophomore year.

No comments:

Post a Comment