Monday, January 4, 2010

Influence

My goal as a teacher is to give my students the skills necessary to be productive members of society. Formally my role is to teach reading strategies that will lead to a more success in school. Informally I attempt to show them their own worth by investing in their lives. I strive to teach them good character traits and life skills that will aid them in becoming the individuals they are meant to be.

The nature of my job allows me a limited amount of time to leave a lasting impact. I only have 180 days to mold these young minds. Most years there are a handful of students who I know without a shadow of a doubt have been changed. However, for the vast majority of my students, I will never know the depth of influence I've had on their lives.

Through a series of events only God could have orchestrated, I was given a glimpse of the impact my life has made on two particular young men. The best part is that these boys have been brought back into my life, and I have the opportunity to continue to show them God's love. Tonight my heart is overflowing with gratitude and joy because what the Lord is doing!

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him."
Philippians 2:10 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment