Monday, January 21, 2013

Update on going back to work

So, last Monday I posted a very sad post about how I didn't want to go back to school. I actually wrote that post on the Friday before. I cried and cried over the weekend about leaving my little baby with a lady I barely know. (I'm sure I still would have cried if it had been someone I knew well.)

Well, I thankfully got all my tears out over the weekend. Monday rolled around, and I was dry eyed. I got myself ready, said goodbye to Isaac who was happily playing with the nanny, and then went to school. I teared up as I was leaving the driveway, but I didn't cry. And when I got to school my students were so excited to see me that I almost forgot to be sad about leaving Isaac. The kids asked me if I was strong with Creole now (I laughed and said NO!), how Isaac was doing, and when I was going to bring him to school. Then they told me how happy they were to see me. It was the same conversation over and over again. It was so good for my heart to hear my students ask about Isaac and tell me how happy they were to see me. It was also good for my emotional well being to have adult conversations and interact with people who don't blow spit bubbles or puke all over themselves and me after they eat.

Unfortunately, I haven't been back to school since last Monday because we're waiting on an ATV part. It should arrive today with the team and I'm hopeful it will be installed in time for me to take the ATV to school on Wednesday for my classes. I'm ready to get into a routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment