Thursday, May 27, 2010

Announcement

I am moving to Haiti in August to teach English for a year!!

When I was in Haiti for spring break the missionaries there invited me to return to Haiti to teach English to the high school students and the orphans at the children's home. I thought it was a fantastic idea and told them I would pray about it. After many questions and much prayer, I have committed to spending the 2010-2011 school year in Gramothe, Haiti. There are still a few things that need to happen for me to actually leave for Haiti in August--such as raising support and finding a foster family for my dog--but I believe God is calling me leave my comfortable life here to spend a year serving with Mountain Top Ministries.

I'll post more information in the coming days.

5 comments:

  1. You should see if your school district has any kind of teacher exchange program or something were you would still actually get paid. Did you know we are moving? Check out the blog for all the details. http://parrottpeople.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's great! How exciting for you! I'll look forward to hearing more from you about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I'm really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl. And GO GOD! Whoot! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete