Monday, January 12, 2009

Ministry

Too often I forget that my job has the potential to be an incredible place of ministry. There are many hurting people in my building who have yet to begin a relationship with Christ. My goal has always been to love them and live out my faith in a way that draws them closer to Jesus. Last night I decided that I wanted to go into school today with the attitude that every encounter with some one was an opportunity. I prayed a lot that God would help me see opportunities and not distractions today at work. And you know what? God answered my prayer. Interruptions on my prep time were opportuinites to show love by being flexible and serving others. Students misbehaving were opportunities to correct in love and show them a better way. Looking at just student behavior, it really wasn't a great day. But it seemed like one of the best days I've had in a long time and I really think it's because God allowed me to see it not as a job, but as a ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment